Tuesday 29 September 2015

It's Just a Shadow!


 
There are many silly and funny things we did as children. When you recall, it turns out to be a great memory. One of such things that I did was to play with my shadow. Once you are able to locate your shadow, it either becomes something you try to run faster than or something you try to be taller than. I think I even tried standing on my shadow and making it stand straight when it appeared bent. Oh my childhood!
Psalm 23 is a very popular psalm read almost everywhere and at all times. I think someone once said Psalm 23 over a meal we were about to eat. I must have opened my eyes slightly to peep at the person and ask myself silently, ‘Really? What happened to ‘Bless this food Oh Lord for Christ’s sake, amen!?”
Back to the Psalmist who in verse 4 of the popular Psalm said,
“Even though I walk through the valley of the SHADOW of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me”
Recall that he did not say the valley of death itself. He said even if it is valley of the SHADOW of death, how much more death itself. He had nothing to fear because shadows are but temporal. If God can take care of the shadow, then He can take care of that situation creating the shadow. So whether we are crawling, walking, running or flying through the valley, He is right by our side; giving us all the comfort we need.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
When you walk through the fire you shall not be burned,
And the flame shall not consume you. (Isaiah 43:2)
Be still dear friend and know that He is God!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment